Here at TikGames, we’re big fans of the winter. Sure, it’s COLD, but the cold means skiing, snowboarding, snowmen, mugs of hot cocoa, fireplaces, and all sorts of other wonderful stuff. To celebrate the winter, the holidays, and the new year, we’ve got one HUGE sale for you PSN fans in Europe and the Americas. We’re calling it our Winter Wonderland Sale.
In the Americas, you’ve got ALL of our PSN games 50% off from 12/20 to 1/3. That means you can get any of the following games at heart-warming prices for the next few weeks:
In Europe, you’ve got your own version of the sale for a longer period of time, from 12/23-1/11: our top PSN games at a variety of discounts:
We hope you take advantage of these discounts while they last! If you grab one of our games and have something to say about them, head over to our facebook or twitter and let us know!
For those of you with Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos for your iPhone or iPad (or even iPod Touch), we’ve put out an update that fixes issues with iOS 5 compatibility. After updating, the app should work correctly. Good hunting!
There comes a time in every game’s life when it needs to be available at a lower price. There are a lot of reasons why: it could be just plain old, it could be so popular that you want to share it with as many people as possible, or it could just be a season of giving! For two of our Xbox LIVE® Arcade games, it’s the last two reasons. “Texas Hold ‘em” and “Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos” are two of our most popular XBLA games, and this holiday season, we want to give you bargain-hunters a deal. Both games are now available for a super-affordable price of 400 Microsoft Points.
First, “Texas Hold ‘em”. I’d be surprised if you’re not already one of the million-plus people who have this game. It was the first, best-selling poker game on XBLA. It has 8-person online multiplayer, some great AI if you just want to play against the computer, and if you have the Xbox LIVE Vision camera, you can use it in this game, too! You can grab it directly from Xbox.com here.
Second is “Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos”. This game is a classic seek & find gem. Stay hot on the trail of the elusive Dr. Chaos as you search for hidden objects across locations worldwide (including our neighbor San Francisco) and complete challenging mini-games in an effort to track down this evil mastermind! If you just can’t wait, you can buy it directly from Xbox.com at this link.
And for all you PlayStation®Network users, don’t fret. We’ll have something big for you soon. Check back here, on our twitter feed, or on our facebook page to stay on top of the latest TikGames news. Happy holidays and good luck shopping!
A few years ago, we put out a little game called “Domino Master” on XBLA. Some of us in the office like to slam some bones once in a while (I have a set in my top desk drawer), but we never imagined that so many people would get on board! Still to this day, people are playing the game online. To celebrate its popularity, we’ve permanently reduced its price to a mere 400 Microsoft Points, a.k.a. 5 bucks. If you haven’t played some multiplayer dominoes and you only imagine using them for some Rube Goldberg-type setups, then you’re missing out. Go to xbox.com or turn on your 360 and go check it out.
‘Dr Maybee and the Adventures of Scarygirl’ is now available to everyone everywhere, and we’ve been getting some requests for help. Well, here’s a big list of tips & tricks for you! If you still need help after reading the info below, feel free to use the contact form on our site to ask a question.
Level 1 – Outside Scarygirl’s home
- Having trouble with the giant egg to the left of Scarygirl’s home? When the egg icon appears on the left side of your screen, head back to Bunniguru to ask him for help pushing it out of the way.
- This seems very simple, but a lot of people forget about it: the high jump. It comes in handy in every level for reaching places that seem just out of reach.
Level 2 – Underwater
- Another simple tip: keep an eye on your remaining oxygen at the bottom of the screen. Keep an eye out for air pockets to swim up to and refill the meter.
- You can press “X” to swim faster. This comes in handy if you encounter any unfriendly wildlife.
- Be sure to look high and low for the green jellyfish. There are 7 total, so keep track of how many you’ve found.
Level 3 – Forest
- This isn’t an officially-sanctioned way of playing the game, but it’s what worked for me one time when I was having trouble: RUN!
- If you hold down the jump button, you can bounce on platforms.
Level 4 – City Docks
- In the first area where you need to collect gears, there are only 3. One is in the top middle of that area, one is at the bottom to the right of the first gear, and the last one is just above the gearbox.
- Having trouble with the flamethrower enemies who are only a little taller than you? You can duck under the flame, carefully advance during pauses, then attack.
- In the next area with gears, there are 5. One is right after the bridge, another is at the top of the area near a moving platforms, another is to the left and slightly higher than the gearbox, one more is downstairs from where you entered this area, and the last one is further to the right along the bottom.
- The boss can be pretty tough. To defeat him, you need to hit the switches to drop debris on him. Be sure to allow some lead time for them to fall. Another useful tidbit: you can bounce off of his head. Rinse and repeat.
Level 5 – Sewers
- You can walk through the green puddles, but avoid the green drops.
- After you find the green key, it’s ok to fall down the gaps between the nearby slimy platforms.
Hope this helps!
Well TikGames fans, we’ve got two bits of gaming goodness today! First, all of our previously-released PSP minis are discounted, so grab Caterpillar, Gold Fever, Panda Craze, Rocks N’ Rockets, and Shapo quickly. Second, all you Scarygirl fans in the Americas can now get our latest PSP mini, Dr Maybee and the Adventures of Scarygirl! Right now, it’s only available to PlayStation Plus members, but come August 16, everybody can download it.
Our apologies to anybody who’s tried to contact us using our “contact” or “support” webforms since we launched our new site. The bugs have finally been worked out of the system, so if you’ve submitted an inquiry and haven’t heard back, please reach out again.
For the next two weeks, you can get any and all of our PSN games at a HUGE discount: 50% off! That means instead of the typical $10, most games are only $5! The sale only lasts 2 weeks, so hurry up and download ‘em while you can! PS+ members can get them for an additional 20% off. Check out the full list at the bottom of this post.
Have you already bought and played one of these games? Let us know what you think of them. We love our games, love people who play our games, and love to hear what people enjoyed! Hit us up on facebook or twitter.
- Cuboid – now $4.99, original price $9.99
- Interpol: The Trail Of Dr. Chaos – now $4.99, original price $9.99)
- Magic Orbz – now $4.99, original price $9.99
- Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom – now $4.99, original price $9.99
- Sky Fighter – now $4.99, original price $9.99
- Smash Cars – now $7.49, original price $14.99
- Wakeboarding HD – now $4.99, original price $9.99
- Hamsterball – now $4.99, original price $9.99
- Ricochet HD – now $4.99, original price $9.99
Posted in News, PSN, Sale
If you haven’t already seen it on our twitter, facebook, or other sections of our site, we just announced two new games! We are beyond excited for the first one, Scarygirl (working title, for now), and are also super-psyched for the second one, Dr Maybee and the Adventures of Scarygirl. More info is in our news section and the first visuals are at our coming soon section.
These games are just drop-dead gorgeous, thanks to the amazingly creative, wildly unique art of Nathan Jurevicius, the creator of Scarygirl. If you’re into graphic novels, Scarygirl’s got one of her own and I highly recommend checking out.
Until next time.
If you hadn’t noticed, we just redesigned our website. Hope you like it! If you didn’t realize that we redesigned it, this is probably your first visit to our site. In that case, welcome to TikGames!
We made a lot of really fun casual games in the past, and this year, you’re going to see some really cool titles for core gamers. A lot of us at TikGames would fall into the “core gamer” category (if you’re into labels), so we’re really excited to work on games like these.
Check back often for news on our games, and while you’re checking us out, also take a look at our facebook page and our twitter: @TikGames!
-AC (the voice of TikGames online)